Friday 6 May 2011

Interview with Yolanda

Questions about reading and writing

1. When did you know you wanted to be a writer?

I started writing stories when I was in my teens, so I’ve known I wanted to be a writer for a while now. Real life did get in the way a few times, but I always managed to find my way back to it. :)
2. What was the first book you ever wrote?
Oh gosh… I wrote a lot of short stories when I was in high school, but the first actual ‘book’ I wrote would probably have to be my teenage girl-meets-a-hot-vampire-guy-and-falls-madly-in-love-with-him story. It was a lot of fun, and it's never been published, but it helped me learn a lot.

3. Who was the first person you told when you sold your first book?
My husband. He's always been very supportive about my writing, so it had to be him.

4. What made you want to become a writer?

For me, making up stories started pretty early on, and even as a very young kid, I can remember making up stories in my head. It wasn’t until my teens that I actually started writing some of those stories down.
It’s something inside me. Something I can't ignore.

5. What’s your favourite genre to read?

I love to read a variety of genres, but if I have to choose only one... I’m going to go with urban fantasy, because it covers so many things I enjoy in one awesome package.

6. Who is your favourite author?
There are probably too many to name, but my two constant favourite authors are Clive Barker and Stephen King.

7. Did you have a mentor and if so who was it?

No, never had a mentor. Always had authors I admired and was influenced by, though.

8. How many books do u have published?
At the moment, I have 15 books available. I also have a bunch of short stories included in 14 anthologies.

9. What do you have lined up for the near future?

I’ve got several upcoming releases scheduled for this year:
Alex Wales: PROMISE (Sci-Fi) in June 2011, from Eternal Press
IRIS (Futuristic) in August 2011, from Eternal Press,
SINFUL (Urban Fantasy) in September 2011, from Damnation Books,
RELENTLESS (Urban Fantasy) in December 2011, from Damnation Books.
I’ve also got the first book in a new urban fantasy series coming from ImaJinn Books, and have a bunch of stories on submission. And I'm continually writing, so there’s always something out there. ;)

Questions about things you like

1. What are your favourite foods?
I have to admit that I’m not a big food lover. Most of the time I eat because I need the fuel, lol, but I do enjoy a variety of rice dishes. I also love salads.

2. What is it that helps you relax after a hard day?
A good book, going for a walk, or watching our fave TV shows with my hubby and daughter.

3. What is your favourite holiday and why?
Uh, I'm not sure. I don't like the commercial aspect of most holidays, but I really enjoy Halloween. I've always loved horror, so even if we don't celebrate it too much here, I love it. :)

4. If you could do one thing to make the world a better place what would it be?
I would eliminate racism.

5. What is your favourite TV program?
I’ve got several: Supernatural, Dexter, Burn Notice, Castle, The Big Bang Theory, True Blood… but if I have to pick only one, I would have to say Dexter. The writing and storylines in Dexter are absolutely awesome!

6. What is your favourite film?
Once again, love a great many movies—including the original Star Wars trilogy—but I’ll pick The Lost Boys, because it changed my life in many ways.

7. What are your all time favourite clothes to wear?
I love to wear a comfy pair of worn-in jeans, tees, and sneakers.

8. What sports do you like?
I’m not a huge sports fan, especially when it comes to actually sitting down to watch something. I’d much rather go for a walk, do some yoga, or lift some weights, but I have been known to get swept up in finals. Whenever a grand final comes about, I find myself getting caught up in it.


Thanks Yolanda and gl with all your books im sure they will do well

No comments:

Post a Comment