Monday 30 May 2011

INTERVIEW WITH TONI GRIFFIN

when did you know you wanted to be a writer?

I didn’t really. I just sort of fell into it one day. I was leaving work to pick my daughter up and Brian just popped into my head while I was driving. He didn’t shut up the entire way home and that night I gave in and started his story.

who was the first person you told when you sold your first book?

Well my husband actually told me. As we live in Australia the acceptance e-mail for Unexpected Mate came through at about 2 am. My hubby was up early the next morning and checked our e-mails. Needless to say he woke me from a sound sleep to tell me the good news.

what was the first book you ever wrote?

The First book I ever wrote or attempted to write was Unexpected Mate.


The first people I told were my parents. As I’d never shown any inclination towards writing previously they were a little shocked when I told them I was going to be published. I swear there was at least 30 seconds of stunned silence when I told them my book was M/M erotica. lol. They’re proud of me and even wanted a copy so they could read it. Not sure if I want to know if they ever do…

what made the you want to become a writer?

Ummm. Not sure really I was reading a lot at the time (still do) and I think I just wanted to know if I had what it takes to write a story of my own. I was astounded that Silver Publishing actually wanted to release my book.

whats your favourite genre to read?

It would have to be M/M even though it confuses the hell out of my Hubby.


who is your favourite author ?

Ah hell that’s a tough question. There are so many talented authors out there that I can’t just list one. Stormy Glenn, Joyee Flynn, JL Langly, Lynn Hagen, Bailey Bradford, Amber Kell & TA Chase to list a few of my favourites.

In the M/F genre there’s a couple of Aussie Authors who I love. Kylie Chan and Keri Arthur

did you have an mentor and if so who was it ? NO not really but as I said I love Stormy Glenn and Joyee Flynn’s works

how many books do u have published?

So far I have 2 works published with Sliver Publishing.

what do you have lined up for the near future ?

Protective Mate – Book 3 in my Holland brothers series is complete and set for release on the 3rd September. I am currently writing Forbidden Mate – Book 4 and it has a release set for 1st October. I’m also hoping to get a short Cowboy story finished in time for Christmas.

questions about things you like

1. what is your favourite foods?

Take Away – Fish & Chips, If I’m cooking – Chicken Parmesan, If my Hubby is cooking – Home made Lasagne with fresh pasta. And for dessert you can beat my Family’s chocolate Mousse

what is it that helps you relax after a hard day?


Spending time with my family or relaxing with a good book

what is your favourite holiday and why?

It would have to be Christmas. Spending time with Family and seeing the kid’s faces as they open presents just seems to make it all worth it.

if you could do one thing to make the world a better place what

would it be ?

I have absolutely no idea.

what is your favourite tv programme ?

You’ve just got to love The Big Bang Theory, Sheldon is such a crack up. My daughter loves to watch Wipeout as well, there’s just something about those Big Balls. lol

what is your favourite film ?

Animated would have to be Anastasia, Romance probably Ever After and Action Transformers & Pirates of the Caribbean. Got to love those movies.

what are you all time favourite clothes too wear ?

Something I can relax comfortably in around the house

what sports do you like ?

I grew up watching Cricket and still enjoy it to this day. I also enjoy the occasional AFL game.

thank you again

www.tonigriffin.net

www.tonigriffin.blogspot.com

http://www.facebook.com/#!/toni.griffin.author

No comments:

Post a Comment